What is right or wrong with gym?
For some people, going to the gym is routine. There are few good reasons to go to the gym. Gym not only provides fitness but also shape to the body. On the long-run, your body is likely to getty flappy if you go to gym regularly. Gym also has positive effect on your mind. Like any other exercise, it stimulates the brain to secrete chemicals that can make you happy. Regular exercise in gym tires out the body which results in deep, sound sleep. Going to the gym and doing regular exercise will also reduce stress by restricting our minds to wander from one stressful matter to another.
In contrast to this, going to the gym daily can be bad for your health because of other people’s poor hygiene. In a study, majority of fitness fans have complained of sweat on equipment and half of them rubbed their bodies with used towels and some people worked out with cold and cough. Increased outbreaks of athlete’s foot were observed in Nuffield Health survey of 2,000 people. It was also found in this study that 22% of people stopped coming to the gym because of poor hygiene or excessive nudity in changing rooms. If you do wrong exercise or use wrong equipment or use right equipment in wrong way or do right exercise in wrong way, it can harm you more than help.
Thus, it is good to know Do’s and Don’ts for gym goers, here are a few of them:
1. Always ask professional if you are not sure about any form and technique otherwise it may increase risk of injury
2. Slowly and gradually, build up the volume of training
3. Find the exercises and activities that you enjoy doing while working out at the gym
4. Find out extra services provided by gym (for ex. Relaxation spa)
5. Maintain personal hygiene by wearing socks and washing gym clothes between workouts
Developed by Scientific Angle brought to you by Health Meter Services
Disclaimer: Don’t follow any suggestions in this article without consulting a qualified doctor